Wednesday, March 26, 2014

New Plans

Well so much for that idea.  My wife and I were all ready to register for the Georgia Peach Jam Half Marathon next month only to find out that it has sold out.  I emailed the race contact to confirm that it was indeed sold out, and apparently there is a waiting list.  This is the first time I have ever heard of a waiting list for any race.  So I guess there is still a sliver of hope to run in an official race next month.

Yesterday I started looking around to see what other half marathons might be available to run.  I came across the inaugural Hotlanta Half Marathon.  Sounded pretty good to me.  The catch.  It's on August 24 at 7:30am.  Hotlanta indeed.  That would be one hot and challenging race at that time of year.  However, it gives me something to focus on throughout the summer, which is what I need to stay in shape ahead of Goofy training which kicks off in September.  I signed up this afternoon, so I am committed to it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment