Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Thinking ahead to a Goofy time

Thus far, there is only one half marathon that I am looking to put on my calendar, and that would be one on April 19. A very flat run on the local greenway, which should make for a pretty easy race. As such, I am doing minimal training at the moment and only running 20-25 miles a week.

However, I am very much looking ahead to the Disney Goofy Challenge in January 2015. I want to push myself a little more, and figured this was a fun event to do it in. A half marathon on Saturday followed by a full marathon on Sunday. Registration does not even open for another month, but I am already tinkering with training plans that I would not even start with until September. I figure that it never hurts to plan ahead in order to know what I will face. Training to run 39.3 miles over two days will be no easy task, but in a crazy sort of way I am looking forward to it.

Until such time, it will be pretty much maintenance running over the hot summer months at about 20 miles per week. My schedule will be on short run, one tempo run, and one long run per week to hold me at that 20 miles. Near the end of the summer I will gradually start increasing things so that I can jump right into my Goofy training come September.

No comments:

Post a Comment